About Me

My photo
United States
I'm just a girl trying to keep an eternal perspective on life, and live it to the fullest :)

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Supplementing Your Sundays


As a Christ follower, Sundays aren't the only day I should seek to learn about Him. In fact, if you are really after God's own heart, you can't settle for just Sundays! The desire to know Him more grows as you truly seek Him! It is so crucial for our Christian walk to spend time reading the Bible, supplementing additional teachings through watching sermons, studying devotionals and other books, and in **prayer.

(**Which I feel very strongly is the most important. For that is how we quiet ourselves enough to feel His presence. Without prayer, our walk with Christ is very distant. We can never "know" his heart without seeking to really know Him through Prayer.)

To supplement my weekly Church's sermons, I've lately really enjoyed Perry Stone's Manna Fest series, which I originally found on television, but have since been watching online.

Perry's Voice of Evangelism Website is @ http://www.voe.org/. On the left side of the page there is a link to the weekly Manna Fest video, check it out! You are sure to learn more about our Lord through Perry's teachings on His Word!

I also have watched a couple sermon series from Mars Hill Church with our couples small group in the past: The Peasant Princess and Spiritual Warfare. Both have been extremely insightful! Here is a link to most of the sermons, which also have notes you can print off: http://marshill.com/media/sermons

My favorite devotional is My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. His devotionals challenge me in my walk with God. No matter how many times I've read the same devotional through the years, I always gain new understanding and wisdom! Here is the link: http://utmost.org/

I love this quote next to Oswals's devotional today


"The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God you fear everything else. “Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord”;…  The Highest Good—The Pilgrim’s Song Book, 537 L

I have also been reading a devotional, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young via an android app. Below is a copy of an entry from November 13, which I particularly appreciated:

“I am Christ in you, the hope of Glory. The One who walks beside you, holding you by your hand, is the same One who lives within you. This is a deep, unfathomable mystery. You and I are intertwined in an intimacy involving every fiber of your being. The Light of My Presence shines within you, as well as upon you. I am in you, and you are in Me; therefore, nothing in heaven or on earth can separate you from Me!

As you sit quietly in My Presence, your awareness of My Life within you is heightened. This produces the Joy of the Lord, which is your strength. I, the God of hope, fill you with all Joy and Peace as you trust in Me, so that you may bubble over with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Colossians 1:27; Isaiah 42:6; Nehemiah 8:10; Romans 15:13”

No comments:

Post a Comment