About Me

My photo
United States
I'm just a girl trying to keep an eternal perspective on life, and live it to the fullest :)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When Love Tarries


"When Love Tarries" is chapter 4 in LAZARUS AWAKENING by Joanna Weaver. I got an excerpt of it in my monthly In Touch magazine (you can get your free magazine too, just register online @ http://www.intouch.org/). The website has April's articles on it, but I was reading from May's, which isn't online yet. I would like to post the article b/c it was great, but can't find it online. So, here are some study questions related to it. You don't need to read the article first. This is just a great little study for a quiet time with God from the Study Guide that goes with the book. 

Adapting to less-than-perfect situations 
Waiting for the fulfillment of our needs or desires 
Accepting not only delays but also denials of what we want 
etc..

One of the hardest things for many people to understand about God is that He doesn’t always interrupt or intervene when we’re in trouble. Instead, He specializes in redeeming the situation, using it for our good and His kingdom. Look at the following passages and write down the problem God allowed and the benefit that eventually resulted.

Acts 7:59–8:3 Acts 11:19–21
Acts 21:30–36 Philippians 1:12–14
Problem:_____________________________ Result: ______________________________
Problem:_____________________________ Result: ______________________________

We humans tend to love formulas—if we do A and we do B, then God will have to do C. 

Read Isaiah 55:8–9 and Romans 11:33–36 several times, and allow the heavenly perspective to sink into your heart. 
Write a response to the Lord concerning the ways you may have tried to control Him through “formulas” rather than simply trusting He knows what is best.

What do the following verses have to say about the benefits of waiting? Circle the benefit that means the most to you.
Psalm 40:1–3 _________________________________________ Isaiah 64:4 ___________________________________________ Lamentations 3:24–27 __________________________________

Read Romans 8:28 and write it back to the Lord as a prayer, replacing “all things” with specific details of your situation. End the prayer with a declaration of your love and commitment to His will.

There are a lot of great songs out there to minister to us in times of tribulation. In particular, the chorus of this song has been in my head all day!

I just keep singing:

"You Are My Joy
 You Are My Joy
 You Are My Joy
 You Are My Joy"

Let HIM fill you with HIS JOY that is unconditional and everlasting!


David Crowder's "You Are My Joy"

And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And he set me on fire and I am burning alive.
With his breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in 
Remain composed.
Love's taken over me 
So I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in and remain composed.
Love's taken over me and so I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

I need to catch my breath, I need to.
I need to catch my breath, give me a moment now.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

I'm laughing so hard
And I'm laughing so hard
And I'm laughing so hard


No comments:

Post a Comment