About Me

My photo
United States
I'm just a girl trying to keep an eternal perspective on life, and live it to the fullest :)

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Healthy Living Challenge: Wk 5



This is week 5 of my 6 Week Healthy Living Challenge. Please check out the link if you are viewing this for the first time.

Before you read below, I challenge you to watch this message given by one of my pastors at church, Troy Kennedy. It's a great message about making Jesus the center of every aspect of our lives- including our physical health! Check it out @ http://www.westsidefamilychurch.com/recentmessages.html  then click on Cow Tipping: Supersize Me!

Week 4 Recap:

I worked out 3 days. I'm enjoying jogging more :)

I ate salad for lunch 3 out of the 7 days... labor day weekend put me a little behind :)

Meatless  day- accomplished :)

Below is this week's lunch menu:


(FYI- If I am in a time crunch, or am missing an ingredient, I make due with substitutions. I am looking forward to trying some new salad recipes!)

Week 5


Sun: B-day lunch for my nephew :)


Monday: Labor Day! Didn't eat salad- oops!


Tuesday: McD's Southwest Salad for me - I let the girls have a treat after tumbling (everything in moderation right?) :)


Wed: 
BLT Salad  (can't get enough of this :)

Thursday: Roquefort Pear Salad


Friday: Fresh Garden Salad (Meatless Day)


Saturday: Mandarin Orange & Spinach Salad



Week 5's Exercise Plan:


Monday: jog 1.5 mi


Tues: go on a walk with the girls, Resistance training- Back and Biceps (curls, lat pull down, etc) 


Wednesday: core training (plank holds, crunches, scissor exercises, etc.)


Thursday: pilates video, resistance- legs (lunges, squats, leg lifts, etc..)


Friday: jog 1.5mi, resistance- chest and triceps (push ups, tricep kick-backs, etc), core training



Here are some resources for healthy salad recipe ideas:


Fit Watch: Free E-Book Salad Recipes



Eating Well: Healthy Salad Recipes


All Recipes: Healthy Salads


Reader's Digest: Fresh Salad Recipes


Medicine Net: Salad Recipes


Woman's Day: Healthy Hearty Salads


Good Housekeeping: Healthy Salads


About Salads: Easy Healthy Salad Recipes


Epicurious: Main Course Salads


Savvy Vegetarian: Salad Recipes


Food Network: Salad Recipe Collection


Other helpful links: 


Meatless Mondays: "Why Meatless? 


Target Heart Rate Calculator: target level


Why you should exercise and other info: Web MD CardioCDC ExerciseACSM, and AHA

Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, (
1 Corinthians 6:19 AMP)



If you are going to join me on this challenge, or want to leave a salad recipe, please leave a comment (with your link too if applicable). Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment