About Me

My photo
United States
I'm just a girl trying to keep an eternal perspective on life, and live it to the fullest :)

Friday, September 16, 2011

Healthy Living Challenge: Wk 6!









We are now almost complete with the last week of my 6 Week Healthy Living Challenge! Please check out the link if you are viewing this for the first time!

Before you read below, I challenge you to watch this message given by one of my pastors at church, Troy Kennedy. It's a great message about making Jesus the center of every aspect of our lives- including our physical health! Check it out @ http://www.westsidefamilychurch.com/recentmessages.html, then click on Cow Tipping: Supersize Me!
Since week 6 is almost complete, I am going to incorporate a review of both weeks 5 and 6, and then further summarize the past 6 weeks and give some goals for the future!
Week 5 Recap:

I did cardio only 2 days, which was my old school Tae Bo workout videos ;)
Also, I did go on a couple fast-paced walks, but no jogging for me. 
I have been using my free weights for some upper body strength training.
I ate salad for lunch 3 out of the 7 days, and tried to make healthy choices the other days.

Meatless  Day- Accomplished :)
Week 6 Recap:
I  have done 3 workout videos this week including Hip Hop Abs, Dancing with the Stars Latin Cardio Dance, and today I have done Crunch's Fat Burning Yoga Workout. I have also continued doing upper and lower body strength training with free weights and walking lunges, calf raises and wall squats. 
I have eaten salad 3 out of the past 6 days (I still have 1 more day left ;) I have eaten healthy at lunch with the exception Wednesday when I ate chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy... compliments of my hospital's cafeteria (they really do serve tasty food... my very favorite is their tomato bisque soup!)
Meatless Day: Accomplished :)
Overview of the past 6 weeks, and future plans: 
During the past 6 weeks I have been intentional about eating healthier and exercising more.  Although I am not perfect, I have succeeded to some degree. 
I have been reminded that to accomplish a goal, we must be intentional about it. Whether in our internal or external, our spiritual, physical, or emotional lives, we must be disciplined to move forward. We can't expect things to change on their own. 
The past 6 weeks has been a growing process for me. I've recognized my faults, such as time management and procrastinating,  and am still working on them. I tend to get discouraged and be somewhat unmotivated at times. However, I've found that when I focus my eyes on Jesus, seeking HIM and His Will, HE becomes my motivation, and with HIM I know I can do anything! HE is better motivation than anything this life has to offer!
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12:1-3)
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (Philippians 4:8)
I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am [b]self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].  (Philippians 4:13)
But more than anything else, put God's work first and do what he wants. Then the other things will be yours as well. (Matthew 6:33)
So, as I move forward, I am going to focus on being healthy holistically. I always need my relationship with Jesus to be first and foremost, at the center of my wheel. As I do this, every other aspect of my life becomes balanced! Everything else pales in comparison to His beauty! As I live my life, I pray it is a reflection of Him. I have a lot of work to do, but if I take each day one at a time with Him as my guide, I am well equipped for any challenge! My prayer for you is the same too!
Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, (1 Corinthians 6:19 AMP)
“ Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  (Matthew 11:29-30)
So, lets continue and create more good habits that will carry on into the rest of our lives. Make every aspect of our lives glorify HIM! To start, we need to spend time with HIM. I personally shoot for at least 15 minutes a day of quiet time with God... whether it be in the morning, during my girls' quiet time, or after everyone else has gone to bed for the night. God desires relationship, not religion.  Read God’s word, and study it through a good devotional or Bible study, talk to God through prayer.
We are in an age where life is busier, and technology is more prominent in trying to accommodate by making things faster and easier to access. I find a lot of what I do through technology, whether it be on my phone or computer. Here are some of my personal favorite “God Time” web-pages.  (FYI: I am suggesting them, but not promoting them over any other resource):
www.biblegateway.com (look up scripture and compare different versions of God’s Word)
http://westsidefamilychurch.com/recentmessages.html  (You can watch, listen and read notes from a library of recent teachings)
www.rbc.org (my personal favorite devotional is on here: My Utmost for His Highest)
www.crosswalk.com (this one also has links to other great resources)
www.girlfriendsingod.com (with my church's lead teaching pastor's wife Mary Southerland)
www.everydaytruth66.blogspot.com (by my fellow church member Lori Fairchild)
www.kyria.com (for women- chosen in Christ, called to influence)
www.gospel.com (a community of online ministries)
ANY OTHER GREAT CHRISTIAN RESOURCES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW!
BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment