About Me

My photo
United States
I'm just a girl trying to keep an eternal perspective on life, and live it to the fullest :)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Changing Seasons!

November definitely reared it's head with a big cold Hello! Actually, I really can't complain as this afternoon was quite pleasant. But I have finally accepted and begun to embrace the fact that summer is gone for good... well, for at least another 8 months. Goodbye to my days of soaking up the sun; hello frost and layers of clothes!

On a brighter note, I do enjoy a few things about the winter months. I love the festivities, sitting by a warm fire, the food, the holiday music, watching movies like "Christmas Vacation", "The Christmas Story" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas", and of course the height of the season CHRISTMAS! Oh, how I love it! I'll go into more of that in about a month, because sooner to arrive is another wonderful holiday... my sister Brooke's favorite- Thanksgiving! My mouth salivates at a good old fashioned turkey dinner! Few things beat getting all the family together and stuffing our bellies full of absolutely yummy food, watching football, and eventually one-by-one each person passing out (the best nap of the year... our Erickson Hybernation... for an hour or two) in various locations throughout the house (its the tryptophan I promise)!

Yes, those are all wonderful Thanksgiving moments. However, I remember when I was very young learning about the first Thanksgiving. I imagine the individual stories and emotions. I just signed up for a free virtual field trip "Plimoth Plantation Webcast" taking place November 16 at noon central time via Scholastic. I think this will be an interesting way to introduce my girls to this facet of history that is all to often just a mention, but not a memoir. Check it out @


I also would like to take the time to count my blessings. I am blessed with wonderful family and friends, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, food and drink... all more than one person needs... my list is never ending, thanks most of all to my Heavenly Father for His ever-flowing grace and mercy. Check out this site below for some simple suggestions in ways to show thanks this Thanksgiving season... but let's don't let it stop there! :)


Thanksgiving
by Ralph Waldo Emerson

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

No comments:

Post a Comment