Quinoa Salad with Turkey
This colorful salad is packed with a variety of flavors and textures that kids find fun and tasty. The spinach can be torn and mixed into the salad or used whole as a bed.
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2-lbs leftover cooked turkey torn into small pieces
- 3 cups torn fresh baby spinach
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa as directed on package, except substitute 1/2 cup orange juice for the water and add 1/3 cup raisins. After cooking, fluff the quinoa with a fork and transfer the mixture to a large bowl to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil until it's well blended.
- Add the carrots, nuts, turkey, spinach, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the quinoa. Pour in the dressing and toss to mix. Makes 4 servings.
***Disclaimer for all the recipes I post: Unless otherwise stated, I am not calling any of these recipes "my own" as I have derived them from multiple unknown sources over the years.