- A hearty delicious soup.
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In soup pot, cook and break up ground beef.
- Add onion,basil and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and green pepper.
- Cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- Bring back to a boil.
- In saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add to soup, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low again and add cheese, cream and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts.
***Disclaimer for all the recipes I post: Unless otherwise stated, I am not calling any of these recipes "my own" as I have derived them from multiple unknown sources over the years.