About Me

My photo
United States
I'm just a girl trying to keep an eternal perspective on life, and live it to the fullest :)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Homemaker Makeover 2011

The Erickson Family Weekday Schedule:
Goal: Have a more consistent and organized routine, therefore have a more consistent and organized family :) As I am more disciplined, stick to a schedule and keep my priorities in order, I will consequently be a better homemaker, mother and wife. 
I really want to maintain a daily schedule to provide my children with a fun, loving and structured home environment, along with a good educational curriculum to help grow them into responsible adults. I want to model keeping priorities in order. Jesus first, My husband second, Children third, Other family/friends fourth, Work fifth, Volunteering and other obligations last... ideally we won't be overcommitted, so we should have plenty of room that!
I work varying days and hours each week. So, we will shuffle things around as needed. I'm not aiming for perfection. I know that life is full of the unexpecteds, (like the blizzard we are having today, so I am not leaving my house). If my plans fail occasionally, I'm okay with that! I just want an outline to try to live by!
Here it is (Thanks to Alicia H. for the weekday schedule and daily chores chart templates that I tweaked a bit ):



CHORES... done throughout the day, mostly in the afternoon (the girls help of course :)
M- Trash day, Laundry, Clean Windows, Mirrors and Bathrooms
T- Paper Clean Up (Mail, Bills, etc), Write letters (thank-yous, birthdays, etc.)
W- Laundry, Dust, Sweep Floors, Mop and Vacuum
Th- Overall De-clutter, Odds and Ends
F- Laundry, Clean Out Fridge, Freezer and Pantry
Sat/Sun- Yard work, Garage, Family Grocery Store/ Shopping (my husband likes to do this together), Misc.
FOOD and HEALTH:
Health Goal: Live an active lifestyle!  Find simple, everyday ways to incorporate more physical activity (walk more, use the stairs when possible instead of the elevator, play outside during playtime,etc). The girls and I just added on my husband’s gym membership to make it a family one! So, us girls will go to the gym 4 weekdays (ideally), and we will all go one weekend day as a family. 
Breakfast: The most important meal of the day! Should be well-rounded to give us brain power! (ie. a healthy juice like V8-Fusion, complex carbs such as quinoa or oatmeal, a yogurt parfait with granola and berries, low-sugar cereal and milk, fresh fruit and eggs, omelet, healthy breakfast casserole, breakfast sandwich, protein shake... for store-bought ones, we like Muscle Milk)
Lunch: Something fairly quick and easy, but healthy. Eat fresh, unprocessed foods when possible. (ie- a sandwich made with whole grain bread and veggie; Muffin-tin tray lunch-fill tray with different healthy finger foods and hummus dip, ie- sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red, yellow, orange peppers, broccoli, sugar snap peas, blueberries, grapes,apple slices, cheeses, crackers; etc.)
Snacks: Water or Milk. Fresh fruits/ veggies. Crackers and cheese. Yogurt.
Dinner: well balanced, home-cooked meal! 


*Along with exercise and diet.... as adults, we too need to get enough sleep! We are going to try to be in bed by 10:30p every night!
The idea behind our diet, activity level and overall way that we treat our bodies: 
As Christ followers, our bodies are temples for God’s holy spirit. We are to treat them with that respect. Focusing on what we put into our bodies includes not just our mouths, but also our ears and eyes. Not to get overly concerned about the way we “look”, but to be physically, mentally and spiritually healthy. We need to seek Him every day! 


*When we take a holistic approach to health (incorporating mind, body and spirit), we can truly be healthy and live an abundant life!!!

“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” 
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New International Version)


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- John 10:10 (New International Version, ©2010)

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea and so inspiring. It is very hard to keep to a schedule, but once we get a routine and a habit, things run more smoothly.

    Blessings
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent idea. I would love for you to share this at my linkynparty :)!!!

    www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post!! We've been trying to live by more of a daily schedule around here and it is MUCH more peaceful. Plus, when the kiddos know what to expect, they feel safe and secure. You're such a great mom and I miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I am thankful God's grace never runs out... as I need it all the time! I pray I continue to develop a closer relationship with Jesus, and therefore continue to become a better person all around! I love being a mom! My girls teach me so much! I am blessed!

    Tiff- I miss you too! Wish we lived closer, or got to see eachother at work! You are always so fun and inspiring! I just love you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great ideas! I especially love the one you have for kids. I'm one who needs a list to follow or else stuff doesn't get done. :)

    Visiting from Marcie's link up...

    :)Erin

    ReplyDelete