About Me

My photo
United States
I'm just a girl trying to keep an eternal perspective on life, and live it to the fullest :)

Monday, May 16, 2011

Breakfast- Hawaiian Style



In honor of my sister living in Hawaii (poor thing-I know), I want to share a this banana pancake recipe that my mom has made several times throughout my life. I recently started making it again since my sister sent me some coconut syrup a while back. My girls and I can't get enough of this!







BANANA PANCAKES

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, butter, or applesauce
2 ripe bananas, mashed
DIRECTIONS:
Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.


*FOR A TRULY TROPICAL EXPERIENCE, SERVE WITH:
Coconut Syrup
(Instead of buying, you can also make your own. In microwavable bowl, mix one 13oz can coconut milk, with equal amt (13 oz) of light corn syrup, and add 2 Tbsp honey. Mix and put in microwave for 10-15 seconds, stir until solid parts of coconut milk are liquified. Pour into cleaned-out old syrup container, label and place in fridge. When ready to use, microwave for 10 seconds and shake to mix. Enjoy!)


and

Pineapple-Orange Juice (or any other tropical juice)



FRESH FRUIT SALAD


INGREDIENTS:

1 fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and diced) 
4 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
2 kiwi fruits, peeled and diced
1 large mango, peeled and cubed
6 oz fresh strawberries, sliced
3 Tbsp honey 
1/2 cup fresh lime or lemon juice 


DIRECTIONS:

In a glass bowl, toss all ingredients; serve immediately, or cover and chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment